Occupational Health Nursing Guidelines for Primary Clinical Conditions 5th Edition
DUE TO BE RELEASED IN JULY 2017
For 25 years OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING GUIDELINES has been an indispensable resource for occupational health nurses providing clinical care and developing programs in occupational health.
Updated and expanded, the Fifth edition provides comprehensive and detailed guidance on the assessment, management, and referral of work-related and non-occupational health issues as well as the development of workplace health programs.
Guideline categories include:
- Prevention and Screening
- Primary Care
- Emergency Care
NEW IN THIS EDITION:
- Updates all existing guidelines and program areas
- New topics including Acute Low Back Pain; Macular Degeneration; Mentorship; Respirator Fit Test; Total Worker Health; Satisfaction Survey for OHN
- eBook version (also due to be released in early July) will include links to references and resources
The DOT Medical Examination: An Unofficial Guide to Commercial Drivers' Medical Certification, Sixth Edition
COMING IN JULY 2017 - AVAILABLE AS A PACKAGE ONLY IN BOTH PRINT AND ELECTRONIC FORMATS
An Essential Resource for DOT Medical Examiners - Thoroughly Revised and Updated!
First published 20 years ago, this now classic guide to the DOT medical examination by Dr. Natalie Hartenbaum has been thoroughly revised and updated. The Sixth edition of this invaluable handbook collates the most recent "official" guidance from FMCSA, recommendations from FMCSA advisory groups (that have not been formally adopted), and the medical literature, and clarifies many of the confusing issues that have arisen from the NRCME.
New in this edition - Important updates on:
- Sleep Apnea
- Seizures and hearing exemptions
- Diabetes exemptions
- Substance abuse
- Updated regulations, references, and forms
- Links to source documents
- Expansive Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section
Available as a package only in both print and electronic formats for the first time, the electronic version will be updated at least twice per year to keep you abreast of future changes in regulations and recommendations.
My friends in the field of occupational health and safety often ask me to recommend books.
Their questions are usually phrased in three ways (click below to view):
- Which books do I really need?
- Which books should I have?
- Which are the best books on a particular topic?