DUE TO BE RELEASED IN DECEMBER 2017
For 25 years OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING GUIDELINES has been an indispensable resource for occupational health nurses providing clinical care and developing programs in occupational health.
Updated and expanded, the Fifth edition provides comprehensive and detailed guidance on the assessment, management, and referral of work-related and non-occupational health issues as well as the development of workplace health programs.
Guideline categories include:
NEW IN THIS EDITION:
- Prevention and Screening
- Primary Care
- Emergency Care
- Updates all existing guidelines and program areas
- New topics including Acute Low Back Pain; Macular Degeneration; Mentorship; Respirator Fit Test; Total Worker Health; Satisfaction Survey for OHN
- eBook version (also due to be released in early July) will include links to references and resources
Whether you are addressing a life-threatening workplace injury or common contagious illnesses, you can depend on this guide for information to assess, treat, and plan follow-up care. Features of the Guide include:
- Over 160 Specific Conditions, Guidelines, and Special Topics
- Sample forms on occupational and environmental health history, reproductive health history, and more
- Covers special topics such as adult international travel, disaster management, ergonomic assessment, health promotion, respirator fit test, Total Worker Health and much more
- Groups clinical topics in easy-to-follow categories