COMING IN EARLY AUGUST 2017 - AVAILABLE AS A PACKAGE ONLY IN BOTH PRINT AND ELECTRONIC FORMATS
An Essential Resource for DOT Medical Examiners - Thoroughly Revised and Updated!
First published 20 years ago, this now classic guide to the DOT medical examination by Dr. Natalie Hartenbaum has been thoroughly revised and updated. The Sixth edition of this invaluable handbook collates the most recent "official" guidance from FMCSA, recommendations from FMCSA advisory groups (that have not been formally adopted), and the medical literature, and clarifies many of the confusing issues that have arisen from the NRCME.
New in this edition - Important updates on:
Available as a package only in both print and electronic formats for the first time, the electronic version will be updated at least twice per year to keep you abreast of future changes in regulations and recommendations.
- Sleep Apnea
- Seizures and hearing exemptions
- Diabetes exemptions
- Substance abuse
- Updated regulations, references, and forms
- Links to source documents
- Expansive Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section
Completely revised and updated, this title combines under one cover the latest information available to assist DOT medical examiners in evaluating a commercial driver's fitness to drive. The DOT Medical Examination gives you all the information you need to conduct an efficient, accurate examination of a commercial driver.
Table of Contents
I. THE EXAMINATION PROCESS
III. COMMERCIAL DRIVERS' HEALTH: RISKS AND HAZARDS
- Commercial Driver Medical Qualification: Past, Present, and Future
- The Examination
- Regulations, Advisory Criteria, Interpretations, and Frequently Asked QuestionsII. SPECIFIC MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Pulmonary Disorders
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Neurologic Disorders
- Endocrine Disorders
- Psychiatric Disorders
- Renal Disease
- Substance Abuse and Medical Use