Clinical Practice of Biological Monitoring, Second Edition
Biological monitoring is a complex and sometimes daunting area of occupational and environmental medicine. Clinical Practice of Biological Monitoring, Second Edition provides a clear path for the intricate task of selecting the appropriate laboratory test, the most relevant matrix for testing, or the most informative analyte so as to best interpret a chemical test result for clinical relevance.
Highlights of the second edition:
- Devoted to a single chemical, each chapter contains a quick-guide table indicating the best analyte, the best matrix, and a level-of-concern value for the substance.
- Further, the book identifies chemicals that cannot be measured directly, thereby allowing for time savings and avoidance of unnecessary testing.
- Ten new chapters and updated First Edition chapters, elucidate exposure to chemicals now contemporaneous with commerce or public health.
- Small enough to carry in your pocket!
Determining what test to do for an individual chemical exposure need not be a challenge. Refer to your pocket consultant, Clinical Practice of Biological Monitoring, Second Edition, for concise guidance on monitoring exposure to chemicals.
Order your copy today!
Occupational Health Nursing Guidelines for Primary Clinical Conditions 5th Edition
For 25 years OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING GUIDELINES has been an indispensable resource for occupational health nurses providing clinical care and developing programs in occupational health.
Updated and expanded, the Fifth edition provides comprehensive and detailed guidance on the assessment, management, and referral of work-related and non-occupational health issues as well as the development of workplace health programs.
Guideline categories include:
- Prevention and Screening
- Primary Care
- Emergency Care
NEW IN THIS EDITION:
- Updates all existing guidelines and program areas
- New topics including Acute Low Back Pain; Macular Degeneration; Mentorship; Respirator Fit Test; Total Worker Health; Satisfaction Survey for OHN
- eBook version (warning - not downloadable) includes links to references and resources
Workers' Compensation Claims Management An Evidence-Based Approach to Measuring, Predicting, and Controlling Costs
This is the first book of its kind to take a statistical approach to controlling workers' compensation costs. Based on more than 15 years of research on workers' compensation claims costs, Workers' Compensation Claims Management provides the methodology necessary to correctly measure, compare, and predict claims costs for dynamic cohorts. The authors introduce the intervention methods needed to control costs, including cost effective pain management, cost effective injury treatment, and the cost effectiveness of on-site clinics, as well as the use of scientific research in support of controlling costs.
Use this book:
- When you want to know the performance of your workers' compensation system compared to other systems;
- When you want to know the performance of your workers' compensation system compared to previous years in the same system;
- When you want to know how much future open claims in your inventory would cost.
Find answers to questions such as:
- What are the common mistakes that should be avoided when measuring and comparing workers' compensation claim cost?
- How to correctly measure and compare workers' compensation claim costs for dynamic cohorts?
- Are workers' compensation claim costs predictable and how?
- What are the interventions workers' compensation managers can use to control costs?
No other book describes how to predict workers' compensation claim costs. This is the first book to take a statistical approach to controlling workers' compensation costs. Statistical examples are introduced in plain words with examples. The book will be especially useful for workers' compensation managers in understanding the mixture of claims in a dynamic cohort. It provides the tools needed to deal with the complexity of controlling workers' compensation costs. Data examples are included for readers to practice the methods explained in the book.
Use Workers' Compensation Claims Management to correctly measure, compare, and predict workers' compensation costs and return-to-work based on evidence collected from real data.