Environmental and Occupational Medicine, Fourth Edition
This classic text provides comprehensive coverage of all aspects of occupational and environmental medicine. It offers accurate, current information on the history, causes, prevention, and treatment of a wide range of environmental and occupational diseases and includes numerous case studies.
New to the fourth edition: more on gene-environment interactions; complete reorganization of the air pollution section; expanded coverage of government response to the field; new chapter on childrens' environmental health.
This is a print on demand title and may take an extra week to ship.
Publication Date 2007 Format Hardcover, 1900 pages, 430 illustrations, 340 tables Product Code 29037
Occupational Hearing Loss, Third Edition
This is a print on demand title and may take an extra week to ship. Updated and revised, this comprehensive reference is written in clear and accessible language. Provides complete overview of the hazards of occupational noise exposure including causes of hearing loss, testing of hearing, and criteria to distinguish occupational hearing loss.
Publication Date 2006 Format Hardcover, 987 pages Product Code 31027
Physical and Biological Hazards of the Workplace, Third Edition
All health professionals involved in worker health will be happy that this classic reference has now been updated in a third edition. This book functions both as an introduction to and review of physical and biological hazards:
- Provides updated information on protecting workers from proven and possible health risks from manual material handling, extremes of temperature and pressure, ionizing and non-ionizing (magnetic fields) radiation, shiftwork and more
- Details major changes in our understanding of biological hazards including Ebola, Chikungunya, Zika, HIV, Hepatitis C, Lyme disease, MERS-CoV, TB, and much more
- All infectious diseases have been updated from an occupational health perspective
- Includes practical guidance on how to set up medical surveillance for hazards and suggests preventive measures that can be used to reduce occupational diseases
Publication Date November 2016 Format Hardcover, 578 pages Product Code 28107
Climate Change and Public Health
RECIPIENT OF THE 2015 ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH BOOK OF THE YEAR AWARD!
Climate change is causing a wide range of adverse health effects, including heat-related disorders, infectious diseases, respiratory and allergic disorders, malnutrition, mental health problems, and violence. The scientific bases for the association between climate change and health problems are evolving as are the strategies for adapting to climate change and mitigating the greenhouse gases, which are its primary cause.
Drawing on experience from 78 leading experts this book contains core information on climate consequences, including key strategies for adaptation and mitigation. Written primarily for mid-career professionals and students in public health and environmental sciences. Chapters are supplemented with case studies, graphs, tables and photographs.
Publication Date 2015 Format Softcover, 405 pages Product Code 24094
Parkes' Occupational Lung Disorders Fourth Edition
Fully revised and incorporating leading research and evidence-based practice, this authoritative text on occupational lung disorders builds upon the fundamentals, including clinical, epidemiological, and predictive approaches. Covers interstitial and malignant diseases, airways diseases, and other respiratory issues such as diving, working at high altitudes, and abnormal sleep conditions. Long term conditions such as asthma and COPD are also covered.
Features a highly renowned team of international editors, authors, and key opinion leaders who offer a worldwide view to ensure the information is comprehensive, contemporary, and definitive.
Instructions to access content of the book online are provided within
Publication Date November 2016 Format Hardcover, 547 pages Product Code 31034
Occupational and Environmental Health, Seventh Edition
NEW EDITION! Now in a seventh edition, this leading text provides a clear understanding of occupational and environmental health through its multidisciplinary and global approach. Case studies assist readers to apply the basic principles of environmental and occupational health to real-world challenges. Includes extensive graphs, photographs, and drawings to illustrate key concepts.
New to this edition:
- -New chapters on climate change, children's environmental health, liver disorders, kidney disorders, and a global perspective on occupational health and safety
- -Expanded coverage of government's role in occupational and environmental health
- -Updated approaches for recognizing and preventing disease and injury
Publication Date October 2017 Format Softcover, 784 pages Product Code 24095
The Handbook of Occupational and Environmental Medicine: Principles, Practice, Populations, and Problem-Solving, Second Edition
Revised and reduced from a three volume set to two volumes, this second edition offers an overview of occupational and environmental medicine. It serves as both a guide for health professionals new to the field as well as a reference for use in the preparation for specialty examinations. In addition to covering all topics in the OEM board Specialty Examination, this second edition features an appendix with sample questions from the Specialty Examination as well as essential resources for OEM physicians.
Publication Date 2020 Format 2 Volume Hardcover, 1212 pages Product Code 66001
Current Occupational & Environmental Medicine, Sixth Edition
NEW SIXTH EDITION TO BE RELEASED IN EARLY JUNE 2021
Now in a sixth edition, this book is a must have for all occupational health professionals. It provides a thorough, concise guide to the diagnosis and treatment of common occupational and environmental injuries and diseases. Coverage includes important aspects of multidisciplinary occupational health and safety practice including ethical principles, disability management, workers' compensation, medical monitoring, and health risk assessment.
New to this edition:
- --New chapters on the impact of climate change on workers, the changing nature of work, Total Worker Health, workplace violence, pediatric environmental health, genetic toxicology, and responder safety and health
- --Latest approaches to prevent workplace-related injuries through the application of ergonomic principles
- --Updated practical information on the toxic properties and clinical manifestations of industrial materials and environmental agents
Publication Date June 2021 Format Softcover, 960 pages Product Code 32021