Concise Guide to Reading, Understanding, and Evaluating Medical Journal Articles
You have a short time to read and evaluate a journal article in an area that's vital to your practice, yet is filled with terminology you haven't come across before, haven't used in years, or is only vaguely familiar. What's the most efficient way to accomplish the task? Turn to Judith Green-McKenzie's time-saving guide. It offers a step-by-step approach to dissecting an article, a glossary of commonly used terms, methods for evaluating the validity of the results presented, and much more.
Publication Date 2006 Format Softcover, 128 pages ISBN 978-1-883595-46-3 Product Code 23093
Essentials of Musculoskeletal Care, Fifth Edition
Published by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), this authoritative and multi-disciplinary reference helps guide practitioners to confidently evaluate and treat more than 300 complaints and conditions. Offers stepwise instruction, comprehensive coverage, and an unparalleled collection of videos and exercises. Written and edited by a multi-specialty team, including orthopaedists, physical therapists, and pediatricians including contributors from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Publication Date 2016 Format Hardcover, 1291 pages Product Code 39025
Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide, Eighth Edition
Endorsed by the American College of Emergency Physicians, this widely used and highly regarded textbook covers the broad scope of emergency medicine. Features a format that is well-organized and comprehensive yet easy to read. Includes sections on toxicology, environmental injuries, disaster preparedness, radiation injuries, blast and crush injuries, and chemical disasters.
Publication Date 2016 Format Hardcover, 2176 pages Product Code 32012
Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology 8th Edition
Written as a field guide to the recognition of skin disorders and their management, this text features over 1080 full color images covering the entire spectrum of skin problems. It also includes an overview of epidemiology and pathophysiology with detailed information on diagnosis and treatment. The book is color-coded in 4 parts with helpful icons denoting the incidence and morbidity of disease.
New to the Eighth Edition:
- More than 40% new images with many that highlight skin disease in different ethnic populations
- Includes ICD-10 codes for each disease
- Thoroughly updated coverage of etiology, pathogenesis, management, and therapy
Publication Date 2017 Format Softcover, 927 pages Product Code 32015
Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking, 12th Edition
Authoritative step-by-step guide on performing patient interviews and physical examinations by applying clinical reasoning, shared decision-making, and other core assessment skills.
Features an easy-to-follow two-column format listing examination techniques on the left and abnormalities ( clearly indicated in red) with differential diagnoses on the right.
New to the Twelfth Edition:
- Clinical pearls, printed in blue, highlight key points throughout the text
- Text boxes help readers quickly find important summaries of clinical conditions and tips for challenging examination techniques
- New and updated photographs and illustrations have been added to support the text, and figures are now numbered for easy identification and reference
- The chapter on evaluating clinical evidence has been rewritten
- The chapter on skin, hair, and nails has been revised and expanded and includes new dermatology photographs
- The chapter on behavior and mental status has been updated and now references DSM-5
- Includes revised information on obesity and nutrition counseling; cardiovascular risk factor screening and new clinical guidelines; new screening guidelines for breast cancer, colon cancer, Papanicolau smears, and stroke risk factors; updated information on STIs; new geriatric assessment tools
ISBN 2016 Product Code 41104
Independent Medical Evaluation: A Practical Guide
This title is print on demand and may take up to 2 weeks to ship
Geared toward any physician working with IME's, this book offers thorough coverage of every aspect of Independent Medical Evaluations from defining IME product and the IME evaluator themselves, explaining the medicolegal systems, and providing guidance towards establishing these professional services. Includes descriptions of how to best use medical records and best-practices for taking an IME history and conducting an examination. Chapters go on to cover developing an IME report, the common challenges and pitfalls encountered, along with strategies and pearls.
Publication Date 2018 Format Softcover, 220 pages with index Product Code 71000