Current Occupational & Environmental Medicine 6th Edition
NEW SIXTH EDITION!
Now in a sixth edition, this is a must have for all occupational health professionals. It provides a thorough, concise guide to the diagnosis and treatment of common occupational and environmental injuries and diseases. Coverage includes important aspects of multidisciplinary occupational health and safety practice including ethical principles, disability management, workers' compensation, medical monitoring, and health risk assessment.
New to this edition:
- --New chapters on the impact of climate change on workers, the changing nature of work, Total Worker Health, workplace violence, pediatric environmental health, genetic toxicology, and responder safety and health
- --Latest approaches to prevent workplace-related injuries through the application of ergonomic principles
- --Updated practical information on the toxic properties and clinical manifestations of industrial materials and environmental agents
Publication Date June 2021 Format Softcover, 960 pages Product Code 32021
Occupational and Environmental Health, Seventh Edition
THIS TITLE IS NOW A PRINT ON DEMAND ITEM AND MAY TAKE UP TO 4 WEEKS TO SHIP
Now in a seventh edition, this leading text provides a clear understanding of occupational and environmental health through its multidisciplinary and global approach. Case studies assist readers to apply the basic principles of environmental and occupational health to real-world challenges. Includes extensive graphs, photographs, and drawings to illustrate key concepts.
New to this edition:
- -New chapters on climate change, children's environmental health, liver disorders, kidney disorders, and a global perspective on occupational health and safety
- -Expanded coverage of government's role in occupational and environmental health
- -Updated approaches for recognizing and preventing disease and injury
Publication Date October 2017 Format Softcover, 784 pages Product Code 24095
Occupational and Environmental Medicine: Board Review and Clinical Synopsis
OUR NEW BOARD REVIEW BOOK IS HERE!
Occupational and Environmental Medicine: Board Review and Clinical Synopsis is an indispensable study guide for physicians preparing to take the Occupational Medicine board exam offered by the American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM). Additionally, it is a quick reference tool for physicians, nurses and other health professionals for cases presenting in their clinical practice.
Preparing for and taking the Occupational Medicine Board Examination can be a daunting task for the busy professional. The first step toward achieving certification is being armed with the essential knowledge needed to successfully prepare for the exam.
NOTE: The eBook version is online access only and NOT downloadable
Publication Date 2021 Format Softcover, 440 Pages Product Code 23118
Environmental and Occupational Medicine, Fourth Edition
This classic text provides comprehensive coverage of all aspects of occupational and environmental medicine. It offers accurate, current information on the history, causes, prevention, and treatment of a wide range of environmental and occupational diseases and includes numerous case studies.
New to the fourth edition: more on gene-environment interactions; complete reorganization of the air pollution section; expanded coverage of government response to the field; new chapter on childrens' environmental health.
This is a print on demand title and may take an extra week to ship.
Publication Date 2007 Format Hardcover, 1900 pages, 430 illustrations, 340 tables Product Code 29037
Physical and Biological Hazards of the Workplace, Third Edition
All health professionals involved in worker health will be happy that this classic reference has now been updated in a third edition. This book functions both as an introduction to and review of physical and biological hazards:
- Provides updated information on protecting workers from proven and possible health risks from manual material handling, extremes of temperature and pressure, ionizing and non-ionizing (magnetic fields) radiation, shiftwork and more
- Details major changes in our understanding of biological hazards including Ebola, Chikungunya, Zika, HIV, Hepatitis C, Lyme disease, MERS-CoV, TB, and much more
- All infectious diseases have been updated from an occupational health perspective
- Includes practical guidance on how to set up medical surveillance for hazards and suggests preventive measures that can be used to reduce occupational diseases
Publication Date November 2016 Format Hardcover, 578 pages Product Code 28107
The Handbook of Occupational and Environmental Medicine: Principles, Practice, Populations, and Problem-Solving, Second Edition
Revised and reduced from a three volume set to two volumes, this second edition offers an overview of occupational and environmental medicine. It serves as both a guide for health professionals new to the field as well as a reference for use in the preparation for specialty examinations. In addition to covering all topics in the OEM board Specialty Examination, this second edition features an appendix with sample questions from the Specialty Examination as well as essential resources for OEM physicians.
Publication Date 2020 Format 2 Volume Hardcover, 1212 pages Product Code 66001
Hunter's Diseases of Occupations, Tenth Edition
This 2011 tenth edition has been fully revised and organized to reflect the realities of the modern workplace. New features include chapters on bioterrorism and the history of occupational medicine with expanded sections on diagnosis and occupational toxicology. Additional downloadable materials available to purchasers of the book.
Publication Date 2011 Format Hardcover, 1324 pages Product Code 24089
Instant Medical Spanish for the Care of Workers
- The only medical Spanish book that specifically deals with work-related injuries and occupational medicine
- Offers pocket-sized convenience and quick, easy access to key medical terms in Spanish
- Organizes correct phrases for treatment in a logical sequence
- Gives you samples of all the forms you regularly use
Publication Date 1999 Format Softcover, 209 pages ISBN 978-1-883595-23-4 Product Code 23051
Medical Orthopedics: Conservative Management of Musculoskeletal Impairments
This item has limited stock
Provides a practical primer to help you recognize abnormal function and effectively treat orthopedic problems that respond to non-surgical intervention. Discusses the most frequent musculoskeletal impairments which confront health care providers.
•thirteen chapters discussing every aspect of the musculoskeletal system, including all joints and the spine
•clear text and precise illustrations outlining specific musculoskeletal problems
•special chapters devoted to pain and reflex sympathetic dystrophy, areas often neglected in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal impairments
•more than 90 visual aids designed to help you recognize abnormal function, enhance visual and manual examinations, and convey complex information to your patients
•appropriate history and physical examination techniques supplemented with radiologic diagnostic procedures
Publication Date 2004 Format Softcover, 217 pages Product Code 50022
Occupational Emergency Medicine
Written to address the large portion of emergency admissions that occur due to occupational health problems and as an interface between the specialties of emergency medicine and occupational medicine. Offers a concise reference with comprehensive information on legal issues involving the physician as well as advice on managing occupational health hospital admissions. Includes chapters on a variety of work-related injuries and complaints (click on the book title to view complete list of chapters and contributors).
Publication Date 2011 Format Softcover, 280 pages Product Code 28094