Couturier's Occupational and Environmental Infectious Diseases,
Occupational and Environmental Infectious Diseases, edited by William E. Wright, MD, MPH, provides a comprehensive overview of the recognition, management, and prevention of infectious diseases in the workplace.
The Second Edition of this popular reference has been entirely updated and revised throughout. The addition of new material includes a completely new chapter on general travel medicine and prevention of illness, and includes expanded coverage of employee education issues and listings of Web resources. Rather than emphasizing theory, all chapters have been fully updated and enhanced to provide well-organized, practical, and relevant information. The emphasis has also been expanded to include more recognition that many infectious diseases are international or global problems.
An ideal resource for occupational health practitioners, the primary care physician, and the generalist, this new edition is a valuable tool in the ongoing effort to provide a safe and healthy workplace.
Publication Date 2009 Format Hardcover, 825 pages ISBN 978-1-883595-45-6 Product Code 23090
Instant Medical Surveillance: The Evaluation of Biological and Chemical Dangers, Second Edition
This Second Edition contains completely new sections on:
• Smoking, Obesity, and Lifestyles in the Workplace
• Disaster Management including general principles and specific suggestions for both made-made and natural disasters.
• A number of chemicals have been added including cobalt, hydrogen sulfide, mercaptans, and a discussion of the recent OSHA standard for Chromium (6)
• Wherever possible, Internet addresses have been added to simplify searches for further information.
• Reviews have been added of the current status of such issues as Avian flu, West Nile Virus, and food flavoring issues.
Also exclusive to this edition is an extensive Appendix that contains all relevant OSHA forms and required questionnaires for such subjects as:
• Bloodborne Pathogens Standard Model Exposure Control Plan
• Cotton Dust
• Methylene Chloride
• Respiratory Protection Standard
All that is built on top of the already packed pages of the first edition that provides the latest information on medical surveillance for chemical and other toxic substances, infectious and allergenic agents, and physical hazards found in the workplace.
Throughout, Instant Medical Surveillance presents the essential information in a way that is easy to understand, not only for those who are trained in medicine, nursing, or industrial hygiene, but also for other professionals such as human resources personnel and attorneys.
Publication Date 2007 Format Softcover, 428 pages ISBN 978-1-883595-47-0 Product Code 23094
Current Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Fifth Edition
Now in a fifth edition, this popular occupational medicine reference offers a thorough, concise guide to the diagnosis and treatment of common occupational and environmental injuries and diseases.
This is a print on demand title and may take an extra week to ship.
Publication Date 2014 Format Softcover, 911 pages Product Code 32007
Environmental and Occupational Medicine, Fourth Edition
This classic text provides comprehensive coverage of all aspects of occupational and environmental medicine. It offers accurate, current information on the history, causes, prevention, and treatment of a wide range of environmental and occupational diseases and includes numerous case studies.
New to the fourth edition: more on gene-environment interactions; complete reorganization of the air pollution section; expanded coverage of government response to the field; new chapter on childrens' environmental health.
This is a print on demand title and may take an extra week to ship.
Publication Date 2007 Format Hardcover, 1900 pages, 430 illustrations, 340 tables Product Code 29037
Physical and Biological Hazards of the Workplace, Third Edition
All health professionals involved in worker health will be happy that this classic reference has now been updated in a third edition. This book functions both as an introduction to and review of physical and biological hazards:
- Provides updated information on protecting workers from proven and possible health risks from manual material handling, extremes of temperature and pressure, ionizing and non-ionizing (magnetic fields) radiation, shiftwork and more
- Details major changes in our understanding of biological hazards including Ebola, Chikungunya, Zika, HIV, Hepatitis C, Lyme disease, MERS-CoV, TB, and much more
- All infectious diseases have been updated from an occupational health perspective
- Includes practical guidance on how to set up medical surveillance for hazards and suggests preventive measures that can be used to reduce occupational diseases
Publication Date November 2016 Format Hardcover, 578 pages Product Code 28107
The Praeger Handbook of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 3-Volume Set
This three volume, 26 chapter, reference for physicians is a comprehensive work on the underlying principles of occupational and environmental medicine, central issues, and practice insights. Especially useful to review for board exam in Occupational Medicine, it is also a must have for launching physicians new to the field. Includes coverage on the scientific foundation in epidemiology and toxicology along with the often over-looked discipline of risk science, management of common medical problems, and practical issues such as management and workers' compensation.
Publication Date 2010 Format Hardcover, 1682 pages Product Code 66000
Handbook of Modern Hospital Safety, Second Edition
For those overseeing the health of workers in the health care field, this fully revised second edition reviews exposure paradigms and offers solutions and models of protection. Includes latest science and intervention strategies that have proven successful in the scientific community. The following are included among the hazardous conditions the book covers:
• infection and infectious disease
• back injuries
• workplace violence
• slip, trip, and fall injuries
• ergonomic issues
• electrocautery smoke
• toxic drugs
• ethylene oxide
To see the list of chapters click once on the title of this book.
Publication Date 2009 Format Hardcover, 1226 pages Product Code 31029
Hunter's Diseases of Occupations, Tenth Edition
This 2011 tenth edition has been fully revised and organized to reflect the realities of the modern workplace. New features include chapters on bioterrorism and the history of occupational medicine with expanded sections on diagnosis and occupational toxicology. Additional downloadable materials available to purchasers of the book.
Publication Date 2011 Format Hardcover, 1324 pages Product Code 24089
Instant Medical Spanish for the Care of Workers
- The only medical Spanish book that specifically deals with work-related injuries and occupational medicine
- Offers pocket-sized convenience and quick, easy access to key medical terms in Spanish
- Organizes correct phrases for treatment in a logical sequence
- Gives you samples of all the forms you regularly use
Publication Date 1999 Format Softcover, 209 pages ISBN 978-1-883595-23-4 Product Code 23051
Hand-Arm Vibration, A Comprehensive Guide for Occupational Health Professionals, Second Edition
It is estimated that hand-arm vibration (HAV) jeopardizes the health and employability of at least two million workers in the United States and United Kingdom alone. In this revised and expanded second edition, learn how to evaluate and control the health risks associated with Hand-Arm Vibration (HAV).
Product Code 23049