Occupational and Environmental Health, Seventh Edition
NEW EDITION! Now in a seventh edition, this leading text provides a clear understanding of occupational and environmental health through its multidisciplinary and global approach. Case studies assist readers to apply the basic principles of environmental and occupational health to real-world challenges. Includes extensive graphs, photographs, and drawings to illustrate key concepts.
New to this edition:
- -New chapters on climate change, children's environmental health, liver disorders, kidney disorders, and a global perspective on occupational health and safety
- -Expanded coverage of government's role in occupational and environmental health
- -Updated approaches for recognizing and preventing disease and injury
Publication Date October 2017 Format Softcover, 784 pages Product Code 24095
Instant Medical Surveillance: The Evaluation of Biological and Chemical Dangers, Second Edition
This Second Edition contains completely new sections on:
• Smoking, Obesity, and Lifestyles in the Workplace
• Disaster Management including general principles and specific suggestions for both made-made and natural disasters.
• A number of chemicals have been added including cobalt, hydrogen sulfide, mercaptans, and a discussion of the recent OSHA standard for Chromium (6)
• Wherever possible, Internet addresses have been added to simplify searches for further information.
• Reviews have been added of the current status of such issues as Avian flu, West Nile Virus, and food flavoring issues.
Also exclusive to this edition is an extensive Appendix that contains all relevant OSHA forms and required questionnaires for such subjects as:
• Bloodborne Pathogens Standard Model Exposure Control Plan
• Cotton Dust
• Methylene Chloride
• Respiratory Protection Standard
All that is built on top of the already packed pages of the first edition that provides the latest information on medical surveillance for chemical and other toxic substances, infectious and allergenic agents, and physical hazards found in the workplace.
Throughout, Instant Medical Surveillance presents the essential information in a way that is easy to understand, not only for those who are trained in medicine, nursing, or industrial hygiene, but also for other professionals such as human resources personnel and attorneys.
Publication Date 2007 Format Softcover, 428 pages ISBN 978-1-883595-47-0 Product Code 23094
Current Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Fifth Edition
Now in a fifth edition, this popular occupational medicine reference offers a thorough, concise guide to the diagnosis and treatment of common occupational and environmental injuries and diseases.
This is a print on demand title and may take an extra week to ship.
Publication Date 2014 Format Softcover, 911 pages Product Code 32007
Environmental and Occupational Medicine, Fourth Edition
This classic text provides comprehensive coverage of all aspects of occupational and environmental medicine. It offers accurate, current information on the history, causes, prevention, and treatment of a wide range of environmental and occupational diseases and includes numerous case studies.
New to the fourth edition: more on gene-environment interactions; complete reorganization of the air pollution section; expanded coverage of government response to the field; new chapter on childrens' environmental health.
This is a print on demand title and may take an extra week to ship.
Publication Date 2007 Format Hardcover, 1900 pages, 430 illustrations, 340 tables Product Code 29037
Physical and Biological Hazards of the Workplace, Third Edition
All health professionals involved in worker health will be happy that this classic reference has now been updated in a third edition. This book functions both as an introduction to and review of physical and biological hazards:
- Provides updated information on protecting workers from proven and possible health risks from manual material handling, extremes of temperature and pressure, ionizing and non-ionizing (magnetic fields) radiation, shiftwork and more
- Details major changes in our understanding of biological hazards including Ebola, Chikungunya, Zika, HIV, Hepatitis C, Lyme disease, MERS-CoV, TB, and much more
- All infectious diseases have been updated from an occupational health perspective
- Includes practical guidance on how to set up medical surveillance for hazards and suggests preventive measures that can be used to reduce occupational diseases
Publication Date November 2016 Format Hardcover, 578 pages Product Code 28107
Occupational Health Services: A Practical Approach, Second Edition
Fully, updated and revised, the second edition of OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SERVICES is designed for professionals who deliver, manage, and hold oversight responsibility for occupational health in an organization or in the community. Provides the busy practitioner and clinic manager guidance in setting up, running, and improving health care services for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and occupational management of work-related health issues. The text gives an overview of occupational health care in the US and Canada with information about how it is organized, who pays for what, how it is regulated, and how workers' compensation works.
Publication Date 2012 Format Softcover, 452 pages Product Code 31030
The Praeger Handbook of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 3-Volume Set
This three volume, 26 chapter, reference for physicians is a comprehensive work on the underlying principles of occupational and environmental medicine, central issues, and practice insights. Especially useful to review for board exam in Occupational Medicine, it is also a must have for launching physicians new to the field. Includes coverage on the scientific foundation in epidemiology and toxicology along with the often over-looked discipline of risk science, management of common medical problems, and practical issues such as management and workers' compensation.
Publication Date 2010 Format Hardcover, 1682 pages Product Code 66000
Hunter's Diseases of Occupations, Tenth Edition
This 2011 tenth edition has been fully revised and organized to reflect the realities of the modern workplace. New features include chapters on bioterrorism and the history of occupational medicine with expanded sections on diagnosis and occupational toxicology. Additional downloadable materials available to purchasers of the book.
Publication Date 2011 Format Hardcover, 1324 pages Product Code 24089
Instant Medical Spanish for the Care of Workers
- The only medical Spanish book that specifically deals with work-related injuries and occupational medicine
- Offers pocket-sized convenience and quick, easy access to key medical terms in Spanish
- Organizes correct phrases for treatment in a logical sequence
- Gives you samples of all the forms you regularly use
Publication Date 1999 Format Softcover, 209 pages ISBN 978-1-883595-23-4 Product Code 23051
Hand-Arm Vibration, A Comprehensive Guide for Occupational Health Professionals, Second Edition
It is estimated that hand-arm vibration (HAV) jeopardizes the health and employability of at least two million workers in the United States and United Kingdom alone. In this revised and expanded second edition, learn how to evaluate and control the health risks associated with Hand-Arm Vibration (HAV).
Product Code 23049