Climate Change and Public Health
RECIPIENT OF THE 2015 ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH BOOK OF THE YEAR AWARD!
Climate change is causing a wide range of adverse health effects, including heat-related disorders, infectious diseases, respiratory and allergic disorders, malnutrition, mental health problems, and violence. The scientific bases for the association between climate change and health problems are evolving as are the strategies for adapting to climate change and mitigating the greenhouse gases, which are its primary cause.
Drawing on experience from 78 leading experts this book contains core information on climate consequences, including key strategies for adaptation and mitigation. Written primarily for mid-career professionals and students in public health and environmental sciences. Chapters are supplemented with case studies, graphs, tables and photographs.
Publication Date 2015 Format Softcover, 405 pages Product Code 24094
Population Health: Creating a Culture of Wellness, Second Edition
Published in early 2016 in a second edition, this book conveys the key concepts of population health management and strategies for creating a culture of health and wellness in the context of health care reform.
Beginning with a new opening chapter, entitled, "Building Cultures of Health and Wellness", the Second Edition takes a comprehensive, forward-looking approach to population health with an emphasis on creating a culture of wellness. The revised text takes into consideration the Affordable Care Act and its substantial impact on how health science is taught, how health care is delivered and how health care services are compensated in the United States.
Navigate Advantage Access which gives you access to the e-book, study center, assessments, and analytics
Case studies which highlight real world applications of concepts and strategies
Websites and suggested readings in addition to the references
Publication Date 2016 Format Softcover, 466 pages Product Code 07068
Physical and Biological Hazards of the Workplace, Third Edition
All health professionals involved in worker health will be happy that this classic reference has now been updated in a third edition. This book functions both as an introduction to and review of physical and biological hazards:
- Provides updated information on protecting workers from proven and possible health risks from manual material handling, extremes of temperature and pressure, ionizing and non-ionizing (magnetic fields) radiation, shiftwork and more
- Details major changes in our understanding of biological hazards including Ebola, Chikungunya, Zika, HIV, Hepatitis C, Lyme disease, MERS-CoV, TB, and much more
- All infectious diseases have been updated from an occupational health perspective
- Includes practical guidance on how to set up medical surveillance for hazards and suggests preventive measures that can be used to reduce occupational diseases
Publication Date November 2016 Format Hardcover, 578 pages Product Code 28107
The Travel and Tropical Medicine Manual 5th Edition
Be equipped with the knowledge to prevent, evaluate, and manage diseases when employees are traveling abroad. This pragmatic and pocket-sized manual covers key topics in pre- and post-travel medicine with a format for quick and easy access. Includes dynamic images for an enhanced visual understanding.
New to this edition:
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase
- Evidence-based appendix helps to validate treatments - available at Expert Consult
- Covers emerging hot topics such as Ebola virus, viral hemorrhagic fevers, the role of point-of-care testing in travel medicine, and antibiotic-resistant bacteria in returning travelers
Publication Date 2016 Format Softcover Product Code 27100
Occupational and Environmental Health, Seventh Edition
NEW EDITION! Now in a seventh edition, this leading text provides a clear understanding of occupational and environmental health through its multidisciplinary and global approach. Case studies assist readers to apply the basic principles of environmental and occupational health to real-world challenges. Includes extensive graphs, photographs, and drawings to illustrate key concepts.
New to this edition:
- -New chapters on climate change, children's environmental health, liver disorders, kidney disorders, and a global perspective on occupational health and safety
- -Expanded coverage of government's role in occupational and environmental health
- -Updated approaches for recognizing and preventing disease and injury
Publication Date October 2017 Format Softcover, 784 pages Product Code 24095