Clinical Practice of Biological Monitoring, Second Edition
Biological monitoring is a complex and sometimes daunting area of occupational and environmental medicine. Clinical Practice of Biological Monitoring, Second Edition provides a clear path for the intricate task of selecting the appropriate laboratory test, the most relevant matrix for testing, or the most informative analyte so as to best interpret a chemical test result for clinical relevance.
Highlights of the second edition:
- Devoted to a single chemical, each chapter contains a quick-guide table indicating the best analyte, the best matrix, and a level-of-concern value for the substance.
- Further, the book identifies chemicals that cannot be measured directly, thereby allowing for time savings and avoidance of unnecessary testing.
- Ten new chapters and updated First Edition chapters, elucidate exposure to chemicals now contemporaneous with commerce or public health.
- Small enough to carry in your pocket!
Determining what test to do for an individual chemical exposure need not be a challenge. Refer to your pocket consultant, Clinical Practice of Biological Monitoring, Second Edition, for concise guidance on monitoring exposure to chemicals.
Order your copy today!
Publication Date 2019 Format Softcover, 302 pages ISBN 9781883595821 Product Code 23116
Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia 2019 Deluxe Lab-Coat Edition
NEW 2019 EDITION!
Updated annually, this is the 20th edition of this portable drug reference packed with vital drug information and designed to help clinicians make better decisions at the point of care.
The Deluxe lab-coat edition features an expanded list of drugs, black box warnings, evidence-based off-label indications for adults and pediatric patients, and additional tables. Includes typical drug dosing (all FDA approved), available trade and generic formulations, metabolism, safety in pregnancy and lactation, relative drug pricing information, Canadian trade names, as well as a section on herbal and alternative therapies. Multiple tables supplement the drug content, including opioid equivalency, emergency drug infusions, pediatric drug dosing, to list a few.
New to the 2019 Edition:
- Updated with new drug information
- New drugs reflect innovative trimester scheme for describing pregnancy and reproductive risk based on FDA's updated Pregnancy and Lactation Rule
- Outpatient pediatric drugs table revised to extend age ranges and reflect new recommendation that volume of liquid doses be measured only in mLs
- A renal dose adjustment symbol is used to indicate when a drug needs a dose adjustment or is contraindicated in renal insufficiency
- FDA guidelines updates
- Removal of discontinued drugs and outdated dosing information
Publication Date 2019 Format Softcover, 523 pages Product Code 07073