WATCH FOR NEW EDITION OF THIS TITLE EXPECTED IN 2020
An extensive, in-depth look at public health and preventive medicine topics from experts in the field.
This trusted one-stop resource is a completely up-to-date, all-in-one public health and preventive medicine guide. Sponsored by the Association of Teachers of Preventive Medicine and edited and written by well-respected authorities in the range of topics covered, the new edition is also an outstanding guide to additional resources of information in preparing for the board exam in preventative medicine and public health. Maxcy-Rosenau-Last Public Health and Preventive Medicine has been completely updated to encompass many new diseases, conditions, and policy issues that continue to dramatically shape-and expand the influence of-public health and preventive medicine.
- Important coverage of new diseases, conditions, and policy issues, including critical lessons learned from the SARS epidemic, the most recent perspectives on monkey pox, plus an increased emphasis on West Nile Virus.
- Restructured infectious and communicable disease section that reflects the emergence of many emerging and recrudescent conditions.
- Timely new chapter on bioterrorism and preparedness.
- New information on community-based participatory research.
- Additional insights on the amelioration of disease-producing lifestyles.
- Research-enhancing lists and catalogs based on federal and other public access databases that are relevant to public health and prevention.
- More streamlined coverage of chemical exposures and diseases overall.
- Essentials of the public health service delivery infrastructure.