RELEASED MARCH 2020!
Arm yourself with the most current essential information on more than 1,000 generic and 4,000 trade name drugs along with the latest FDA safety recommendations. Organized alphabetically by generic drug name, Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2021 gives you all the expert drug information you need in the palm of your hand. In addition to detailed and thoroughly updated drug coverage (including more than 270 Black Box Alerts updates and additions), this convenient handbook also includes the precautionary information nurses need to provide safer patient care - such as guidance on clinical priorities in the practice setting and IV drug administration.
- Top 100 Drugs list helps to easily identify the most frequently administered drugs
- List of newly approved drugs in the front of the book makes it easy to locate the latest drugs
- Updated drug monographs include new interactions, precautions, alerts, patient teaching instructions, and other need-to-know information to help prevent medication dispensing errors
- Includes information on lifespan and disorder- related dosage variations to assist with special considerations for pediatric, geriatric, hepatic, and immune-
or renal-compromised patients
- Nursing considerations are organized in a functional nursing process framework and include headings for baseline assessment, intervention/evaluation, and patient/family teaching
- Includes free Evolve companion site for customizable and printable monographs for 100 of the most commonly used drugs
- IV Compatibility Chart arms you with compatibility information for 65 intravenous drugs
- Features frequently used herb monographs and herb interactions in the appendix on on the Evolve companion website