Presents basic epidemiologic principles and concepts in a coherent and straightforward exposition.
- -Comprehensive and lucid revision of a classroom-proven text
- -Develops a useful platform for considering paths for further study
- -Designed for introductory courses and newly minted professionals
- -Summarizes the basic principles of infectious disease spread
- -Chapter-length addition explores the contributions by the pioneers of epidemiology
- -Free downloads and expert answers to chapter questions available at www.oup.com/us/epi/
New to the second edition:
- Chapter 2 titled Pioneers in Epidemiology and Public Health
- Chapter 6 titled Infectious Disease Epidemiology
- Access to web site supporting further discussion of the presented material and includes contributed answers to the questions at the end of each chapter.