Clinical Practice of Biological Monitoring, Second Edition
Biological monitoring is a complex and sometimes daunting area of occupational and environmental medicine. Clinical Practice of Biological Monitoring, Second Edition provides a clear path for the intricate task of selecting the appropriate laboratory test, the most relevant matrix for testing, or the most informative analyte so as to best interpret a chemical test result for clinical relevance.
Highlights of the second edition:
- Devoted to a single chemical, each chapter contains a quick-guide table indicating the best analyte, the best matrix, and a level-of-concern value for the substance.
- Further, the book identifies chemicals that cannot be measured directly, thereby allowing for time savings and avoidance of unnecessary testing.
- Ten new chapters and updated First Edition chapters, elucidate exposure to chemicals now contemporaneous with commerce or public health.
- Small enough to carry in your pocket!
Determining what test to do for an individual chemical exposure need not be a challenge. Refer to your pocket consultant, Clinical Practice of Biological Monitoring, Second Edition, for concise guidance on monitoring exposure to chemicals.
Order your copy today!
The DOT Medical Examination: An Unofficial Guide to Commercial Drivers' Medical Certification, Sixth Edition
An Essential Resource for DOT Medical Examiners - Thoroughly Revised and Updated!
Available as a package only (print and online). The eBook version will be updated at least twice per year to keep you abreast of future changes in regulations and recommendations.NOTE: The e-book version is online access only and NOT downloadable
First published 20 years ago, this now classic guide to the DOT medical examination by Dr. Natalie Hartenbaum has been thoroughly revised and updated. The Sixth edition of this invaluable handbook collates the most recent "official" guidance from FMCSA, recommendations from FMCSA advisory groups (that have not been formally adopted), and the medical literature, and clarifies many of the confusing issues that have arisen from the NRCME.
Completely revised and updated, this title combines under one cover the latest information available to assist DOT medical examiners in evaluating a commercial driver's fitness to drive. The DOT Medical Examination gives you all the information you need to conduct an efficient, accurate examination of a commercial driver.
Occupational Health Nursing Guidelines for Primary Clinical Conditions 5th Edition
For 25 years OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING GUIDELINES has been an indispensable resource for occupational health nurses providing clinical care and developing programs in occupational health.
Updated and expanded, the Fifth edition provides comprehensive and detailed guidance on the assessment, management, and referral of work-related and non-occupational health issues as well as the development of workplace health programs.
Guideline categories include:
- Prevention and Screening
- Primary Care
- Emergency Care
NEW IN THIS EDITION:
- Updates all existing guidelines and program areas
- New topics including Acute Low Back Pain; Macular Degeneration; Mentorship; Respirator Fit Test; Total Worker Health; Satisfaction Survey for OHN
- eBook version (also due to be released in early July) will include links to references and resources